We are reviewing Best 7 inch Angle Grinders in this post. Angle Grinders are quite versatile tools and they can be found in almost all workshops. They can help in grinding metal, polishing, sanding, and sharpening surfaces. Angle grinders are basically handheld devices that make use of a consumable disc to do the cutting operations.
Nowadays, there are a lot of angle grinders in the market and all of them are quite different from each other. Usually, the most important factor that differentiates Angle Grinders is the disc size. In this article, we will be listing out the best 7 inch Angle grinders in the market. This is a relatively rare category and there aren’t many high-quality products in the market. So to get the best product, read till the end.
If you had asked us to name one Angle Grinder with a 7-inch blade, then this would be our choice. First and foremost, it is quite comfortable to handle. It is a powerful product and has an rpm of 8000. The high power to weight ratio helps to increase the efficiency of the grinder. Moreover, it decreases fatigue for the user.
The grinder comes with all the necessary accessories like a wrench, keyless adjustable guard, grinding wheel, etc. As a result, you don’t have to buy anything else. The rear handle design greatly enhances the user comfort and the keyless adjustment guard also makes things quite easy for the customer. Overall, this is a high-performance tool with every possible feature.
- Rear-handle design
- Power to weight ratio
- Adjustable guard
- No long-term warranty.
Makita has delivered some top-quality angle grinders and this one is no different. We liked the rubber grip, which makes it easy to handle. The labyrinth construction keeps the motor well-protected. This arrangement keeps away the dust and helps to increase motor life. The zig-zag varnish also protects the interior components and its motor can deliver up to 6600 RPMs.
Another interesting feature is the AC/DC switch, which you can change depending on the power source. The side-handle has 3 different positions, which allows for better user control and convenience. In this grinder, spiral bevel gears are used, which improves the overall efficiency and ensures smooth rotations. This is a powerful grinder that can operate on the hardest of surfaces.
- Ac/dc switch
- Keyless adjustable guard
- Build quality
- Slightly heavy
3) DEWALT Angle
We already saw one grinder from Dewalt and that was pretty good. The DW840 is cheaper in comparison and has some unique features. The plastic-metal combination used in the construction offers strength as well as durability. The dust ejection system eliminates any dust particles that entered the system. This prevents a lot of damage to the system components.
Another cool aspect is the dual abrasion protection. This also minimizes damage due to debris. Moreover, the guard can be adjusted to prevent sparks from reaching the user and the rear handle is designed in such a way as to guarantee user comfort. Also, this grinder works with both Dc as well as Ac.
- Easy to handle
- Dust Ejection
- Value for money
- Build quality could be better
4) Metabo HPT
This grinder from Metabo is quiet and powerful. It has a rated rpm of around 8500 and the cutting is smooth but power-packed. The design is such that it minimizes user fatigue and allows for good control. Moreover, it does not get very hot even after a long time of usage. This grinder is ideal for heavy-duty works as it is capable of producing output power in the range of 3950 Watts.
Regarding the structure, the labyrinth construction minimizes dust and debris from seeping into the motor. Also, the coils are protected by varnish to maximize the product life.
- Great power
- Labyrinth construction
Why you need an Angle grinder?
Angle Grinders are very versatile and helpful tools that can be used for a variety of purposes. They are easy to handle and much more powerful compared to a regular grinder. It is useful in masonry, removing mortar, polishing, and rough grinding. Moreover, they work on both flat as well as curved surfaces.
Factors to consider
Now that you have seen some of the top-rated Angle Grinders with a 7-inch disc, let us dwell deeper into their technical aspects. We will be listing out some parameters that you should be aware of while choosing an Angle grinder.
- Speed-Faster is not always better but in terms of Angle grinder, it is better. The effectiveness of a grinder depends heavily on its speed. Better speed means more precise cutting. Also, generally, the faster grinders are more powerful. There are some grinders that offer variable speed control. These are more versatile and can be used for a variety of uses.
- Ease of use-Angle grinders are quite powerful machines and therefore can be lethal if used irresponsibly. Hence, users should look for grinders with safety features like locking mechanisms. Also, comfort is an important element and the handle ought to be adjustable whenever the grinder has to be repositioned. Good grips are also beneficial.
- Power-The power or power to weight ratio is another important parameter. A high power-to-weight ratio will significantly reduce user fatigue. Grinders are fairly heavy machines and therefore it is important to pack in as much power in a small size. This is the most important aspect that ought to be considered while buying a grinder.
- Warranty-Angle grinder has electric components like the motor and they could easily get damaged while working. Dust and debris could damage the interior of the grinder. As a result, it is best to go for products that offer a warranty of 1,2 years minimum.
So these were some great 7-inch angle grinders that you can buy for your DIY or professional crafting projects. All of them are from reputed brands, so you can be sure that you will get a good product. Hope this article will solve some of your doubts and queries.