The most important welding tool that you should always have in your garage is the Angle Grinder. It uses discs to cut, smooth, or weld metal and other materials. It is a highly versatile tool that helps to save you an enormous amount of time in doing manual work.
You should definitely have it in your toolbox if you are a DIY person. If you are in the market for an Angle Grinder and do not know what to choose, then you have come to the right place. In this post, I have listed some of the best Angle Grinders available now in the market that you can choose to do your welding work in a brief review.
Best Angle Grinders of 2021
This cordless grinder from Makita comes with an automatic speed change technology that adjusts the speed and torque to give you optimum performance. With active feedback sensing technology, this grinder turns off the rotation when the wheel is forced to stop. The brushless feature of this motor helps it to run cooler and more efficiently.
With the efficient BL motor that is electronically controlled, it helps to save energy by up to 50 percent. The Makita cordless angle grinder has a good set of features to make it one of the best to choose from on the market.
- It is a cordless, battery-powered grinder that runs efficiently.
- It is light in weight, which helps you to handle it well.
- It is an expensive piece of hardware.
This low-cost angle grinder from Metabo comes with a 6.2 Amp motor with 980W of max output for grinding tough surfaces. With the spindle lock present in this grinder, you can easily change accessories in it. The left-mounted slide switch with quick-off features provides added safety with this grinder. There is also a side handle present in this grinder for improved control and comfort for users.
Coming at only 4 pounds in weight, it is easy to handle and use. With a good set of features, this is one of the best grinders available in the market.
- It has a smaller grip that is designed to reduce fatigue.
- With a new labyrinth design, it has better dust and debris durability.
- It is not suitable for grinding harder surfaces for a long time.
With an 8000 RPM powered motor, this grinder from Dewalt provides enough juice for cutting or grinding hard surfaces. It comes with a quick-change wheel release that allows this tool to remove the wheel without the need for any wrench. The tool-free guard of this metal grinder allows for quick and easy guard adjustment.
With a two-finger trigger switch with a lock-off button, this grinder provides convenient activation and easier gripping. There is also a two-position side handle with this grinder that offers greater control, comfort, and versatility.
- It offers a good grip and easy handle along with great control.
- It comes with a high-powered RPM motor.
- This grinder from Dewalt does not come cheap.
Bosch is a popular brand known for making quality electronics, and this angle grinder is a popular choice available in the market now. It comes with a powerful 13 amps motor that is capable of up to 11,500 rpm. With a variable-speed setting, this grinder can match the speed based on the application. The use of carbon brushes helps this tool to be more durable than the previous generation of brushes.
It also has direct-motor cooling for higher overload capabilities. This angle grinder from Bosch has a good set of features to make it compelling for anyone looking for a good angle grinder.
- It provides reliable speed under load.
- It has a powerful motor with good RPM.
- It is an expensive product.
Metabo is an industry leader when it comes to angle grinders and this one from Metabo is one of the best in the market. It comes with a powerful motor that gives you good performance on working with different surfaces. Made from top-quality products, this grinder will give you a long life.
This powerful grinder has 50% more torque with 20% more overload capacity to make it perfect for industrial use. When it comes to welding, there could be no better tool than this one from Metabo.
- The motor in this product has a good 10,500 RPM.
- It has a smaller, ergonomically designed body.
- It retails for an affordable price.
- It does not give adequate performance when working on harder surfaces for a long time.
King Arthur’s toolset of an angle grinder is a portable and versatile one that is terrific for carving, shaping, and sanding. It has good accessory support as it can be expanded with over 60 types of accessories. With usage on wood, plastic, rubber, bone, and other soft non-ferrous materials, you will get good use out of this one.
It is also highly portable, so you can easily use this tool without much discomfort. If you want to have a good tool for carving non-steel materials, then there is no better tool than this one from King Arthur.
- It is compatible with various types of accessories.
- It is an excellent tool for woodcarving.
- You cannot work with metal surfaces with this tool as it is not made for it.
With a powerful 7.5 AMP motor, this grinder from Makita is a compact tool for working on different surfaces. It comes with a small diameter barrel grip for additional comfort. The labyrinth construction seal of this grinder protects this motor from dust and debris.
There is also a lock on/off feature with this grinder for continuous operation. The extra-large paddle switch present in this grinder provides comfortable operation. With a good set of features, this is a good choice to have in your toolbox.
- It comes with AC/DC switch for use with an alternative power source.
- It is a compact tool, weighing only 4.5 pounds.
- This product retails for an affordable price.
- It is not meant to work on hard surfaces.
Getting a good angle grinder really helps with your material construction work and saves a lot of valuable time. The above-listed are some of the best angle grinders available in the market right, and I hope this post helps you in getting a good one for your work.